Makes about 30 rolls
- 150g (5oz) wholewheat flour
- 150g (50z) wholegrain rye flour
- 75g (2½oz) wheat grains
- 75g (2½oz) bacon cubes
- 1 tablespoon brewer’s yeast
- 3 tablespoons safflower oil
- 250ml (8½ fl oz) unsalted meat stock
- 75g (2½oz) cracked bulgar wheat
Thorough mix all ingredients except for the bulgar wheat. Cover the dough and let it rest for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a baking sheet with baking parchment
Take portions of the dough with a large spoon and shape into rolls. Roll them into the bulgar wheat. Place them on the baking sheet and about for 45 minutes. turn off the heat and let them dry in the oven until they are quite hard. Store in a paper or linen bag. The rolls will kepp for about 3 weeks.